Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So we did our first camping trip with a baby this past weekend. It wasnt to bad. I think the twins were harder then Zander. We go up to hyrum lake each memorial day weekend with Marcs parents and there square dancing group. So basically its us in a tent and then about 30 trailers all filled with old people lol. The kids have a blast. There is always one other family there that has a girl the same age as Haylie and Hunter. They have a blast hanging out together. We got up there friday at about 3pm. We unloaded the van (I am still amazed we packed 7 people and all our crap into a minivan). We set Haylie and Hunter and Isaac up in the motor home with Marcs parents. We then got the tent set up and the play pen in it for Zander. Who knew you could fit a queen size blow up mattress a play pen and another sleeping bag in one 4 man tent lol. Later that day after dinner my old friend from elementry school Betsy came by to say Hi. She lives in Logan so we try to get together when I get up there. That night was not so fun since Zander is really picky about the tempature of his bottles. I had to boil water then heat up two heat pads and put it all in a insulated bottle bag and hope it stayed warm until feeding time at about 1 am. Luckly it stayed just warm enough. If it had not I would have been making a very late night trek across the campground to the showers to get warm water. After Zanders 1 am feeding though he would not go back to bed in the playpen so he ended up sleeping in the bed with us. Not fun. I like my bed lol. Between him and Marc I had about 1 foot of space to sleep in. We were all up by about 6am. That day we hung out, took a few walks, went to the lake and the kids played in the water (can we say bbbbbrrrrrr) had a great potluck dinner and hung around the campfire making smores. That night went pretty much the same as the first. Sunday we were going to head home and its a good thing we did because it rained all day sunday. So overall a pretty good trip, The kids had fun. It wasnt to bad and I dont think Zander got put down once between all the old ladies and Haylie and her friend Crystal. I would have taken pics but I couldnt find my camera. I plan on finding it by the time we leave in August to go camping once again. Though that time will be much easier as we will have Marcs parents motor home. The thing is huge lol. Well I am off to make lunch for a couple hungry kids then hopefully they will all take naps and I can relax for a bit. I hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time. We were not able to get out and do something as my husband had the flu. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you had a nice weekend. Camping is always fun. Well, usually always....

    ReplyDelete