Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby Zander



Well he is finally here. On saturday december 13th I went into the hospital at 7am. I had an elective induction. They had me checked in and hooked up with pitocin by 830. By 930 I was having some pretty good hard strong contractions. The nurse asked if I was ok with my water being broke and I said I was ready as long as I had my epidural first. I had to waite until about 1000 for the anastealagist (yea cant spell it). He came in gave me my epidural and then the nurse broke my water at about 1030. Everything went fast from there. I dialated to a 10 within about 30 minutes but then when they checked me they relised Zander was face up not face down like he was supposed to be. They had me roll on my left side hoping he would roll which he did. As soon as he rolled I had to push there was just no if ands or buts about it. I started to push at about 1200. His head got stuck coming out and they couldnt get to his heartbeat so that worried the doctor a little and she had me just push with or without a contraction. He finally made it into this world at 1240 pm on the 13th. He weighted 7lbs 1oz and was 20 inches long. He scored a 8.9 on the APGAR scale. He came out screaming and healthy. I was just happy to have it done and over with lol. So that is the birth of Zander. He is doing well. He sleeps for 3-4 hours at a time then nurses like a champ and goes right back to sleep. I basically only get up once a night to feed which has been nice. The older kids all love him and have been having fun holding him. Here are some pics of him.



















2 comments:

  1. So precious. I am so happy for you. Baby bring so much happiness. Thanks for posting pictures. I look forward to seeing him grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww he is such a cutie pie. Thanks for sharing the picture with us. I bet he is going to be a little heartbreaker to all the girls when he gets bigger.

    Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete